Our History

Our History

Built in 1922 by architect Peter C. Samwell, the hotel lobby is still a snapshot of elegance. Originally the Hamilton Hotel, the Park Plaza Hotel became so after being purchased by the Spang family 40 years ago, and undergoing a major renovation in the late 1970′s. Today the Park Plaza Hotel is is still the premier destination for those visiting Winter Park and Central Florida.